Re: Books To Study Darija - Des livres pour apprendre darija

¤Moi, je suis là maintenant au Maroc, et j'ai acheté une photocopie d'un livre d'environ deux cents pages (mais il ne les fait pas). Il y a plein d'exemples, des phrases, et ce qui est bien c'est qu'en même temps d'avoir le vocabulaire, tu as la grammaire. Ce n'est pas vraiment un livre classique à proprement parler, c'est plutôt un guide. Tu as des informations qur le Maroc, et c'est vraiment bien.
Le livre est intitulé ''L'Arabe marocain de poche'', dans la collection ASSIMIL. Par contre, ce n'est pas moi qui ai acheté le livre, donc je ne peux pas vous avancer quant au prix, j'en suis désolée.
   ¤ Autrement, une collection très célèbre a édité un livre intitulé ''L'arabe pour les nuls",d'Amine Bouchentouf et il parait que c'est tout à fait ce qu'il faut. Si j'arrive à l'avoir en ebook gratuitement, je vous dirai où je l'ai trouvé pour qu'à votre tour, vous puissiez en profiter.

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu!

Try this link   http://friendsofmorocco.org/learnarabic.htm

The major problem is that you have no CD for pronunciation!!!!!!!!!!!

Wa Salam
habrifaqir

Whoever allows his self what it desires, his idol is then his own passion

Does anyone have a pdf format of the below book ? :hm:

A BASIC COURSE IN MOROCCAN ARABIC It is by Richard S. Harrell with Mohammed Abu-Talib and Wiliam Carroll.

http://i35.tinypic.com/35izqtc.jpg

s-salam 3laykum,

I bought "Parlons l'arabe dialectal marocain", by Michel Quitout, and "L'arabe marocain de poche" (ASSIMIL), by Wahid Ben Alaya and Michel Quitout.

They are both french books, but very useful, especially for grammar and for thematic vocabulary.

Only problem for beginner like me : no audio examples.

I think "Parlons l'arabe dialectal marocain" is the best beginner book I've seen in FN*C, G*B*RT, C*ST*LL* or any other french library.
Grammar and verb rules are very clear, many adverbs, locutions, expressions, etc.
Many examples and so much vocabulary.

"L'arabe marocain de poche" is much smaller (good for travelling) but it seems they duplicated the first book (Michel Quitout helped them writing it though).

Have a good day.

Pour les français qui ne lisent pas l'anglais :

"Parlons l'arabe dialectal marocain", de Michel Quitout, est à mon vraiment le meilleur livre français pour les débutants en darija, car les règles de grammaire et de conjugaison sont très claires, et il y a beaucoup de vocabulaire très utile et d'exemples.

Le petit bouquin assimil est pas mal, mais moins complet. Apparemment il a été écrit avec l'aide de Michel Quitout donc çà ressemble beaucoup à l'autre livre.

(Michel Quitout est prof d'arabe à la fac du Mirail à Toulouse)

D'ailleurs, pendant qu'on parle de lui, quelqu'un aurait-il lu son livre de proverbes marocains traduits en français? çà m'intéresserait d'avoir des avis... je suis sûr que çà doit être cool pour découvrir des mots et des tournures.

bye.

Aside from the book in English already mentioned, the only one that I know if is the Lonely Planet Moroccan Arabic Phrasebook.  That has been very helpful for me, although I suppose it is not as comprehensive as the other book.

I thought it would also be helpful if there were some YouTube videos that anyone knows of that could be used as a resource?  A while ago SM posted a YouTube video of the show Ana Wiyak, and I have been watching them since.  They're great cuz they're all like 7 minute shorts.  Does anyone else know of Moroccan TV shows posted on YouTube or anywhere that we can watch to hear the language and such?

Autumn wrote:

I thought it would also be helpful if there were some YouTube videos that anyone knows of that could be used as a resource?  A while ago SM posted a YouTube video of the show Ana Wiyak, and I have been watching them since.  They're great cuz they're all like 7 minute shorts.  Does anyone else know of Moroccan TV shows posted on YouTube or anywhere that we can watch to hear the language and such?

I agree that videos of Moroccan sitcoms are a very good way to practice, because you can listen to the pronunciation at the same time, and this is very important to learn. I thought that the few ones I already posted weren't that popular :roll:.

I'll be posting more, promise smile. I am already youtubing them.

SM's Website

Autumn, here is a first one.

SM's Website

Hi habrifaqir,

the side you mentioned is great!

Here are all the chapters of their own book as pdf:
http://friendsofmorocco.org/arabictoc.htm

Only the chapter 10 can not be opened, and they forgot the chapter
"Supplementary Grammar Lessons" - the link points to the next chapter, "More Useful Expressions", and so the confusion goes on until the end.

On http://friendsofmorocco.org/learnarabic.htm is a link to the complete pfd - but I couldn't open this file.
Then there is the link to the word document - this works, only several pictures are missing.

I got the chapter 10 and the "Supplementary Grammar Lessons" (very interesting!!!) from the word-file, the rest from the pdfs, so I've got everything complete now, except two or three pics.

I've no idea about that organisation and the philosophy behind - but anyway, so far it is the best teaching book for moroccan arabic I've found so far.

It would be great, if we had a thread here where we could post our solutions of the exercises of the book and some morrocan speaking could correct us, or post a correct solution, so that everybody could compare it with his/her own.

Maybe there is also somebody willing to read some of the textes for us and to post it as an audio file? Am I dreaming? Yeah, but this would be really cool.

What are the morrocans among you thinking about this book?

Kind regards, Xsara

I found older versions of the Peace Corp Manual online (1986 & 1994). They give some additional informations: http://eric.ed.gov/ERICDocs/data/ericdo … /15/6e.pdf http://eric.ed.gov/ERICDocs/data/ericdo … /cb/d4.pdf

Also I found The Training Manual for Rehab also from the Peace Corp (1984) http://eric.ed.gov/ERICDocs/data/ericdo … /33/52.pdf

I don't think that the next one is good, but it might help somebody:Form Eastern to Western Arabic (1974). It compares Levantine to Moroccan Arabic.

Moroccan Intermediate Reader II (1969) I couldn't get the first part of it.

I´m searching for a book in German and Drija!But I can´t find it anywhere!maybe somebody is here who has an idea!
thx