Re: Exercise 10 - What does this mean?

I saw some nice/beautiful trousers. (singular in darija)
I liked them (it) and bought them (it).

shukran 3la lmusa3da dyalek !  smile  (still can't get the cheery yellow smile !?)
Sorry to be 'hogging' this exercise ! But it's really useful for me. However, I'll be back at work next week, so won't have so much time - unfortunately..

Yeah I like this exercise.  Just reading it helps.

btw SM I just emailed you, I hope it doesn't get dropped in your spam folder..

Come on lisec, you're not hogging it smile.

And very good for the answer. I liked the (it) part, smart hint to show that you're aware it's singular. And we can see your smilie! Yuppie!
And hope to see you around dispite work responsibilities :hap:.

@Autumn:
You attempt again to translate a sentence smile.
E-mail received, will write to you soon!

Next sentence:
Salît lktâb lli knt kanqrâh, w bdit wâ7d jdîd.

SM's Website

hmm..

I finished the book that I was reading, and.. I wanted I new one...

?

That's my best guess without trying to look anything up.  I hope it's at least close.  smile

Autumn wrote:

I finished the book that I was reading, and.. I wanted I new one...

Very close indeed, well done smile. There is only one mistake, about the verb "bdît" which means "I started". I wanted is bghît. You got a star for the good answer wink.

Next sentence:
Mshît l cinéma m3a Widad, w lakin lfilm kân 3yyân bzzâf.

SM's Website

Ashmen film tfrrejti fih? lol now I am making it a conversation, try to translate them both, well if you like tongue

I went to the cinema with Widad, but the film was very boring.

I'm guessing 'boring' from context and because it sounds like the word for 'tired' ?

btw I was confused when I first saw 'lakin' - I thought "I don't know that word", but the confusion was clarified when I read the sentence aloud to myself !

thanks again for your help, SM   -    shukran 3la lmusa3ada dyalek  ( how do you say 'again' )

Also thanks to  devanymix for your question   -  kadalek shukran, devanymix, 3la lsual (??) dyalek.

Talking of films, occationally we get Moroccan films on our multicultural television channel here in Australia (for which my Moroccan son-in-law translates subtitles).  Many years ago (before my son-in-law came to Australia) I made a video of the film "Badis" , unfortunately shortly after, there was a break-in in my other daughter's flat, where the video was at the time, and it was stolen along with other items.
(I hope the thief found the film interesting !)  I often think of the film and would like to see it again.
Has anyone seen it ?  Does anyone know if it is available on video or DVD ?

@Meriem:
You know, those are examples for the exercise, not real statements wink.

@Lisec:

I went to the cinema with Widad, but the film was very boring.

Good! But for 3iyyân, which indeed means tired, you can use it to mean: ugly, boring, old fashioned... All negative!
You can say: "shrit srwâl 3iyyân" = I bought ugly/uninteresting/old fashioned trousers.
So you mainly got the point.

thanks again for your help, SM   -    shukran 3la lmusa3ada dyalek  ( how do you say 'again' )

Again is 3awttani. [Contraction of 3awd(repeat) and tani(again/one more time).]

Also thanks to  devanymix for your question   -  kadalek shukran, devanymix, 3la lsual (??) dyalek.

Instead of kadalek, that is MSA, you can say: 7tta ntiyya/nti = you too.
And s is a solar letter, so it's: 3la sso2al dyalk.

I do not know Badis :hap:, I googled it but I never watched this movie smile.
And big_smile, what if the thief finds the movie interesting and appreciates your talent and feels like breaking in again to get more of those? big_smile

Now, the next sentence will be Meriem's:
F ashmn film tfrrjti?

SM's Website

F ashmn film tfrrjti? = what film did you watch? smile

What about :

tfrrjt lbare7 f film missri.

Yesterday I watched an Egyptian film.  (?)

lbare7 knt mshghul bezzaf.   (correct sentence ?)

smile